In Valparaiso, many people know about Kiwanis, or have heard the name.
Valparaiso is fortunate to have two Kiwanis clubs! The Valparaiso Sunrise Kiwanis meets in the morning and the Valparaiso Noon Kiwanis meets during the afternoon. They are two distinct clubs within the larger Kiwanis International organization.
The Sunrise Kiwanis is small, but mighty. We meet every Tuesday at 7:00 AM in the meeting room of the Viking Chili Bowl.
What is it like to attend a meeting?
- Meetings are fun! There are lots of laughs.
- The beginning of the meeting is dedicated to the committees that operate within the club. Committees support events, like the annual golf outing, choc-o-lots, and the garage sale. All funds raised during these events benefit local children and their families.
- There are speakers every week. Members of the community speak to inform us about things going on in the city and county. Some of the speakers include government officials and non-profit representatives.
- Meetings are an hour in length.
- You might find your calling during the weekly meeting; there are many opportunities within the club to give back to the community. Some of those opportunities include, reading to children, cleaning toys at the YMCA, and doing dishes for St. Theresa’s. There are also opportunities with the fundraising events, as well.
- You can enjoy breakfast and coffee while making new friends.
Members look forward to our meetings every Tuesday, but it’s not required to attend every meeting. You can come when it suits your schedule. In fact, you don’t have to be involved with any of the committees or events. You can simply pay your yearly dues and enjoy fellowship, breakfast, and speakers from the community. However, you might be inspired to explore the different ways you can give back.
At Valparaiso Sunrise Kiwanis, our members enjoy making a difference in our community. We love that there is something for everyone in the club. No matter how much or little time you have to dedicate to the club, there are so many opportunities to make a positive impact in the life of a child.
Feel free to fill out our contact form here or come to one of our meetings. We look forward to seeing you!